- A cookie is a small piece of data (text file) sent by a website and stored on a user’s computer. It is used when browsing a website. Cookies usually contain the following information: name of the source website, expiry date and an identifier.
- Cookies from this website are placed and operated on the user’s computer by BEAUTY PLANET Sp. z o. o. Sp. k., Al. Piłsudskiego 76, 90-330 Łódź .
- Cookies are used to:
a. customize content of the website to user’s preferences and optimize the browsing experience; cookies allow to remember and identify the user in order to display the website according to the user’s individual preferences;
b. generate statistics in order to better understand user’s web surfing habits, thus helping to improve and develop the website;
c. maintain a session after logging in, so that the user does not have to enter a login and a password on each page of the website.
- Our websites uses two types of cookies: "session" cookies and "persistent" cookies. A session cookie is a temporary file, which will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed, or when the user logs out of the website. A persistent cookie will be stored by the web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date or until it is deleted by the user.
- Our website uses the following types of cookies:
a. “essential” cookies, which enable the user to browse the website e.g. cookies used to authenticate the user when such authentication is required;
b. cookies used for security reasons e.g. cookies allowing identification of abuses in the area of authentication;
c. “efficiency” cookies used to collect data about the user’s web surfing habits within the website;
d. “functional” cookies used to record the user’s preferences and settings of the interface e.g. language, location, font size, skins etc.
- In many cases, web browsers allow cookies to be stored on the user’s computer by default. Browser’s settings regarding the handling of cookies may be changed by the user. In particular, the changes may encompass blocking the handling of cookies, or alerting the user each time cookies are stored on the computer. Detailed information about methods of handling cookies is available in the browser’s settings e.g.:
- Cookies sent from our website may also be used by our cooperating partners.
- More information about cookies in available in the “Help” section of the web browser’s menu.